When the fiber laser cutting machine is cutting, different cutting gases are selected according to the material of the cutting plate. The choice of gas and pressure has a great influence on the quality of the fiber laser cutting machine.
Influence of cutting gas and pressure on cutting quality
- 1) The cutting gas helps to dissipate heat and support combustion, blow off the molten stains, so as to obtain a cutting section with better quality.
- 2) When the pressure of the cutting gas is insufficient, the cutting quality will be affected as follows: melting stains will occur during cutting, and the cutting speed cannot meet the requirements, which will affect the production efficiency.
- 3) When the pressure of the cutting gas is too high, the impact on the cutting quality: the cutting surface is rough, and the cutting seam is wider; at the same time, the cutting section will be partially melted, and a good cutting section cannot be formed.
The effect of cutting gas pressure on perforation
- 1) When the gas pressure is too low, the laser is not easy to penetrate the cutting plate, and the drilling time increases, resulting in low productivity.
- 2) When the gas pressure is too high, the penetration point is melted and a larger melting point is formed, thus affecting the cutting quality.
- 3) When laser drilling, generally a higher gas pressure is used for punching thin plate parts, and a specific punching method is used for punching thick plate parts to eliminate the disadvantage of low air pressure on the protection of the lens.
- 4) When the fiber laser cutting machine cuts ordinary carbon steel, the thicker the material thickness, the lower the cutting gas pressure is. When cutting stainless steel, the cutting gas pressure increases relatively with the thickness of the material. In a word, the selection of cutting gas and pressure during cutting of fiber laser cutting machine must be adjusted according to the actual situation during cutting, and different cutting parameters should be selected according to the specific situation in specific applications.