In our daily life, metal cabinets have become an indispensable part. Whether it’s a home, office or public place, we all need storage to keep the space clean and organized. However, for some situations that require long-term use or need to store important items, what we need is not just an ordinary metal cabinet, but a sturdy and durable metal cabinet. So, how to create a strong and durable metal cabinet? This article will introduce in detail the steps and precautions for making metal cabinets, and help you create a metal cabinet that can be used for a long time.
The Definition Of Sheet Metal Manufacturing
Sheet metal manufacturing refers to the process of using metal sheets, profiles and other materials to process them into parts or components of required shape and size through cutting, bending, stamping and other processes. In sheet metal cabinets manufacturing, commonly used materials include cold-rolled steel plates, stainless steel plates, aluminum alloy plates, etc.
The Classification Of Sheet Metal Cabinets
1. Classification by purpose
- Office metal cabinets: Office metal cabinets are metal cabinets used to store items in offices or public places. They are usually made of steel, which is durable, fire-proof and moisture-proof, and easy to clean. Office metal cabinets include filing cabinets, filing cabinets, medicine cabinets, lockers, etc.
- Home Metal Cabinets: Home metal cabinets are metal cabinets used to store items in the home. They are usually made of beautiful and practical, moisture-proof and rust-proof materials, such as aluminum alloy and stainless steel. Household metal cabinets include TV cabinets, bookshelves, wardrobes, shoe cabinets, etc.
- Industrial metal cabinet: Industrial metal cabinet is a metal cabinet used to store tools, raw materials and products in the process of industrial production. They are usually made of strong and durable materials, such as steel, stainless steel, etc., and have functions such as fire prevention, anti-theft, and waterproof. Industrial metal cabinets include tool cabinets, raw material cabinets, product cabinets, etc.
2. Classification by structure
- Open metal cabinets: Open metal cabinets often have no doors, or only partial doors. They are mainly used for display or frequently accessed items. Open metal cabinets include bookshelves, display shelves, shoe racks, and more.
- Enclosed Metal Cabinets: Enclosed metal cabinets usually have full doors and can store more valuable or easily contaminated items. Closed metal cabinets include filing cabinets, medicine cabinets, storage cabinets, etc.
- Combined metal cabinet: The combined metal cabinet can be combined freely according to needs, and can be flexibly adjusted in size and shape to meet different storage needs. Modular metal cabinets usually adopt a modular design and can be combined and disassembled at will.
3. Classification by material
- Steel metal cabinets: Steel metal cabinets have high strength and durability, and are more common metal cabinet materials. They usually adopt surface treatment methods such as spraying and baking paint to achieve beautiful and anti-rust effects.
- Stainless steel metal cabinets: Stainless steel metal cabinets are beautiful, durable, and easy to clean, and are relatively high-end metal cabinet materials. They are usually used in toilets, kitchens and other places where moisture and rust are required.
- Aluminum alloy metal cabinets: Aluminum sheet metal cabinets have the characteristics of lightness, durability, and fire resistance, and are more suitable for metal cabinet materials for home use. They are usually used in household metal cabinets such as TV cabinets, bookshelves, and wardrobes.
- Different types of metal cabinets have different application scenarios and advantages. When choosing a metal cabinet, you need to choose according to your needs and places. I hope that through the introduction of this article, you can better understand and choose the metal cabinet that suits you.
How to Build Metal Cabinets
1. Choose the right material
The first step in making a metal cabinet is choosing the right material. Common metal materials include iron, steel, aluminum, etc. Among them, steel has high strength and durability, and is an ideal material for making metal cabinets. When choosing steel materials, attention should be paid to its thickness and material. The greater the thickness and the better the material, the stronger and more durable the metal cabinet will be. At the same time, auxiliary materials such as screws, angle irons, etc. also need to pay attention to their quality and matching degree.
2. Design a suitable structure
A strong and durable metal cabinet requires a stable structure. When designing a structure, factors such as load-bearing, shock-proof, and moisture-proof need to be considered. In addition, depending on the place of use and the storage items, it is also necessary to design a suitable internal layout and partition. For example, metal cabinets for storing heavy objects need to strengthen the support and load-bearing structure, while metal cabinets for storing fragile items need to increase shock resistance and protection measures.
3. Processing and assembly
In the processing and assembly stage, it is necessary to cut, bend, weld and other operations on the metal plate according to the requirements of the design drawings. During processing, care should be taken to protect the integrity of the material and avoid waste and damage. When assembling, it is necessary to ensure the accuracy and tightness of each part, and ensure the stability and durability of the metal cabinet.
4. Surface treatment
The surface treatment of metal cabinets has an important impact on its appearance and service life. Common surface treatment methods include spraying, galvanizing, oxidation, etc. According to the design requirements and the use environment, choose the appropriate surface treatment method. During the processing, care should be taken to protect people and the environment and avoid pollution and hazards.
5. Testing and installation
Once fabricated, the metal cabinets need to be tested to ensure they are of the quality and performance expected. The test content includes load-bearing test, shockproof test, etc., to ensure that the metal cabinet can withstand the expected load and impact during use. After passing the test, it can be installed. During the installation process, attention should be paid to maintaining levelness and tightness to ensure the stability and safety of the metal cabinet.
Making a sturdy and durable metal cabinet requires careful operations in multiple links from material selection, structural design, processing and assembly, surface treatment to testing and installation. Only by doing the best in every link can a metal cabinet that can be used for a long time be produced. When making metal cabinets, we also need to pay attention to protecting the environment and personal safety, and avoiding pollution and hazards. Through the introduction of this article, I believe you have learned how to build a strong and durable metal cabinet. I hope you can go smoothly and safely in the process of making metal cabinets.